- 1 pork crown roast (12 ribs and about 8 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour.
- Brush sides of roast with preserves. Bake until a thermometer reads 145°, 1-1/2 to 2 hours longer. Transfer roast to a serving platter. Let stand 20 minutes before carving.
- For dressing, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and celery; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in apricots and seasonings. Add bread crumbs; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Carve roast between ribs; serve with dressing.
1 rib with 1/3 cup stuffing: 419 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.