- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 to 5 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (1 small head)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots (2-3 medium carrots)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetables, walnuts and raisins.
- Toss with dressing.
- Fold in apples.
- Refrigerate, covered, until time to serve.
3/4 cup: 233 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.