Toasted Nut Bars
- 1 tablespoon plus 6 tablespoons cold butter divided. (you will use butter in two different steps)
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup Mountain Man salted cashews
- 1 cup of Mountain Man pistachios
- 1 cup of Mountain Man roasted almonds
- Preheat your oven to 375. line a baking pan with foil and grease it with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in 6 tablespoons of butter until the mixture is crumbly. Next stir in an egg. This mixture will be dry. Press the mixture firmly down onto the foil.
- Bake 18-20 Minutes or until the edges of the crust are golden brown. Let cool on wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine honey, brown sugar and salt. Bring this mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar. Let the mixture boil for two minuets without stirring it. Next stir in the butter (1 tablespoon) and cream. cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the nuts.
- Spread the mixture over the crust.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the topping is bubbling.
- Let cool completely before removing the bottom foil.
Learn how to make these delicious healthy treats. They are packed full with healthy fats, proteins, and vitamins and they are tasty!