Toasted Nut Bars
- 1 tablespoon plus 6 tablespoons cold butter divided. (you will use butter in two different steps)
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup Mountain Man salted cashews
- 1 cup of Mountain Man pistachios
- 1 cup of Mountain Man roasted almonds
- Preheat your oven to 375. line a baking pan with foil and grease it with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in 6 tablespoons of butter until the mixture is crumbly. Next stir in an egg. This mixture will be dry. Press the mixture firmly down onto the foil.
- Bake 18-20 Minutes or until the edges of the crust are golden brown. Let cool on wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine honey, brown sugar and salt. Bring this mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar. Let the mixture boil for two minuets without stirring it. Next stir in the butter (1 tablespoon) and cream. cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the nuts.
- Spread the mixture over the crust.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the topping is bubbling.
- Let cool completely before removing the bottom foil.
INGREDIENTS makes 12 cups 8 cups buttered popcorn 2 cups sprinkled tree pretzels 1-1/2 cups holiday Boston beans 12 oz dark chocolate chips 1 Tablespoon coconut or vegetable oil 11oz M&Ms...
Here’s what you need: One Bag of Rolos One Bag of Pretzels One Bag of Pecan Halves Directions Set your oven to 350° and prepare your baking sheet. Use a...
Dry ingredients: 2 c. honey oat granola 1/2 c. Rice Krispie cereal (gluten-free) or Chex (corn or rice flavors, crunched up) 1/2 c. banana chips, coarsely chopped 1/2 c. dried cranberries (coarsely...