- 1 cup of dry dates
- Unsalted pistachios
- 1 cup of fresh grated coconut
- Half a cup of sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons of ghee
- A few almonds
- A few cashew nuts
It doesn’t take a lot time to prepare the ingredients. Cooking time is about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Start by roasting the fresh coconut on a non-stick frying pan to dehydrate it. Turn off the stove.
- Roast the almonds and the cashew nuts by pouring ghee in the saucepan.
- Add in the pistachios. Keep cooking the nuts on low heat, stirring gently occasionally.
- Pour the milk in a pan on low heat and stir in the sugar.
- Add the cardamom powder after the sugar is dissolved.
- After a soft boil, add in the dates, raisins, and the roasted nuts to the mixture.
- After the milk thickens a little, add the coconut and cook until the mixture it thickens.
- Add ghee for flavor, turn off the stove and let the mixture cool down completely on a nonstick cookie sheet. Once cool, cut into 1 inch wide strips, then shape it into rolls and serve fresh.
Serves between 4 to 8 people.