- 1-2/3 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1-1/3 cups golden raisins
- 1 cup pitted dried plums (prunes), chopped
- 2/3 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with Triple Sec and toss to combine.
- Let stand, covered, overnight.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and nutmeg until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes.
- Beat in egg.
- Gradually beat in flour.
- Stir in fruit mixture.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 12x3x1-in. rectangular log. Cover; refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Uncover and cut dough crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are light brown, 13-16 minutes.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
1 cookie: 131 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.