- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1-3/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1-3/4 cups dried cherries or cranberries
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and spices; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in pecans until coated. Spread onto foil to cool.
- Line two 15x10x1-in. pans with parchment or waxed paper. In a microwave, melt dark chocolate candy coating and 1 tablespoon shortening, stirring until smooth.
- Divide between prepared pans, spreading to desired thickness.
- Refrigerate just until set, but not firm.
- In microwave, melt milk chocolate candy coating and 1 tablespoon shortening, stirring to blend; spread over dark chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate until set, but not firm.
- Repeat with white candy coating and remaining 1 tablespoon shortening; spread over top.
- Sprinkle with cherries and candied pecans, pressing to adhere.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Break into pieces.
1 ounce: 165 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.